THE FAITH 5: FAITH ACTS IN THE HOME
As your pastor, I want to equip and empower you–my Christ Lutheran family– to connect what is happening at church to your lives at home, remembering that faith is not just a “church thing,” but a relationship with God that involves everything we do, everywhere we go, every day of the week, . To help you accomplish this, I want to introduce you to the Faith 5 concept created by Faith Inkubators. I encourage all of you to incorporate a 5-10 minute “Faith 5 home huddle” into your evening routine that includes these five simple faith acts:
- Share highs and lows of the day (Name something good and bad you experienced today. Can’t think of a personal one? Check out the headlines from the news and grow your empathy and compassion for the larger world).
- Read a daily Bible verse (use the monthly Bible reading calendar provided at church, the YouVersion Bible app, or pick your own verses)
- Talk about how the daily Bible verse relates to your life, (Explore the verse a bit. What does it mean in your own words? How might it relate to where you are today in your highs and lows?)
- Pray for each other’s highs and lows out loud. Simply talk to God, thank Him for the highs and ask Him to help you with your lows. You might also pray for anyone you know who is sick, troubled, or going through a hard time and for any other concerns you have.
- Blesseach other. (make a cross on their forehead/hand, say God bless you, or Jesus loves you and so do I, or come up with your own blessing).
This simple five-step process not only helps parents maintain good relationships with their children; it also helps to ensure that they raise kids who turn out to be thoughtful, empathetic, positive and caring Christians. Who wouldn’t want that? (The Faith 5 is not limited to families with children living at home. It can also be done as a couple, with a friend or kept just between you and God. Any way you do it, Faith 5 is worth your time).
People interested in learning more about the Faith 5 may contact Pastor Dan at 507-838-1745 or email@example.com
Here is a monthly Bible verse calendar to help guide your daily readings.